we are a success because of you - our donors
Our commitment to you includes
- Using all donations as directed.
- Prompt, truthful and forthright answers to inquiries about making a donation.
- Appropriate acknowledgement and recognition of gifts.
- Guarantee that relationships with our staff are professional in nature, including maintenance of confidentiality.
- Anonymity, if requested.
- Access to current audited financial statements. View our current financials from our Report to Community or request a complete copy of our current audited financial statements from firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-755-7690.
The Foundation adheres to the Imagine Canada Ethical Code - your assurance that the Nanaimo & District Hospital Foundation operates to the highest ethical standards.
We endorse the Donor Bill of Rights which declares that all donors have the following rights:
I. To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
II. To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgement in its stewardship responsibilities.
III. To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements.
IV. To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
V. To receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
VI. To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by the law.
VII. To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
VIII. To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
IX. To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
X. To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
- American Association of Fund Raising Counsel (AAFRC)
- Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP)
- Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
- Independent Sector
- National Catholic Development Conference (NCPG)
- National Committee on Planned Giving (NCPG)
- Council for Resource Development (CRD)
- United Way of America