Nanaimo Lifeline Program provides service in the following Central Vancouver Island communities:
|> Chase River
||> Nanoose Bay
|> Deep Bay
||> Qualicum Beach
|> Gabriola Island
- Be medically at risk when alone
- Be mentally able to understand and remember how equipment works
- Live in the area served by the program
- Provide a referral from a physician
Costs of service
- $37 per month monitoring fees
- $50 one-time activation fee.
- $5 per month for each extra button for more than one user per household.
- $3 per month administration fee for anyone not paying by pre-authorized debit.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for those who cannot afford the monthly fees but require the service, please contact us for information.
Executive Director: Joan Ryan
Call Centre Manager: Ellen Suettler
Office Assistant: Tammy Paton
Part-time and casual staff assist in monitoring daytime from our office location 12 hours per day, 7 days per week, Nanaimo Regional General Hospital switchboard operators monitor the remaining hours.
More than 50 volunteers support the work of the Nanaimo Lifeline Program.