1. What is your current position with Island Health and how did you get there?
Currently the Leader of Medical Imaging and have been since Mar 2010. I started out as a part time Nuclear Medicine Technologist in 1995. I got a full time job in 1996. I was acting Nuclear Medicine Supervisor covering for maternity leaves and eventually became the Nuclear Medicine Section Head.
2. If you could switch your job with anyone else within Island Health, what job would you want?
I actually like my job. I work with a lot of really great people. There is something going on all the time.
3. How has the Nanaimo & District Hospital Foundation impacted your position? (Equipment purchased, events, etc.)
The Foundation has had a huge impact on Medical Imaging in general. They contributed to the purchase of our PACS system which is the digital archiving of all the images and reports that we produce in Medical Imaging. They also contributed 100% of the funding for the latest Mammography machine purchase. That brought true digital breast imaging to Nanaimo. We are also working on another project currently that will greatly impact the Nanaimo area.
4. What has been your proudest moment at work?
My proudest moment up to this point would be the purchase and installation of the new Mammography equipment. It was the best piece of digital breast imaging equipment on the market and it is what Nanaimo deserved and we could not have done it without the foundation.
5. Tell us about your relationship with Nanaimo & District Hospital Foundation and how you show support.
I have a very good relationship with the people in the foundation. They are a dedicated group and truly care about the community. I support them by using the Code Brew as much as I can and also grow a moustache for Movember. I will hopefully be getting donations this year for a bad moustache. I also purchase a Lotto for Life ticket although I have never won anything, but I am always hopeful.
If you are someone you know is an Island Health Employee as well as a Nanaimo & District Hospital Foundation supporter and would like to participate in our employee spotlight please contact email@example.com